read
write
members
about
account

 

datedatememberrandomsearch

February 13, 2003
In the heat of drunken sentimentality, another guy's girl once referred to me as "marriage potential." Smooth operator that I am, I slurred back, "I'll take that for what it's worth." But she really was outta line. I don't fancy myself "marriage potential." I'm jealous, and sometimes I plunge into a black syrup that obscures light and sound. 90% of people will be miserable whomever they marry. The other 10% will be happy whomever they marry. I belong in the 10%. It's just a matter of making myself at home. "Marriage potential," no, but I could adapt to marriage praxis.